Ceramic Coating: Everything You Need To Know
Do you love that “just waxed” look? Keeping your car’s paint job safe from harm is the ultimate labor of love. But no car is untochable. Be it road debris or environmental pollutants, there will be something affecting your car’s paint. But there are paint protection solutions that give your vehicle an unparalleled layer of protection.
Enter ceramic coating. Here’s what you need to know.
What Is Ceramic Coating?
Ceramic coating is an ultra-thin layer of nanostructured polysilazanes and siloxanes applied over and bond to your vehicle’s paint, glass, or leather.
This coating aims to create a protective layer that stops environmental factors from damaging your car’s paint job. Your car will always be exposed to the elements, and everything from UV rays and acid rain can damage and corrode paint.
The ceramic coating provides a sacrificial layer to take the damage on the paint’s behalf.
Advantages of Ceramic Coating
There are numerous advantages to applying a ceramic coating. Here’s how it can protect your car and improve the looks of your vehicle.
- Increases gloss and depth. It will give your car a consistently glossy, just waxed, look. The coating brings out the deep colors of the original paint job to make it pop. Think of it as longer-lasting car wax.
- Protects from environmental pollutants and stains. A coating will prevent contaminants, such as acid rain, tree sap, and bird droppings, from bonding to the paint.
- Shortens cleaning time. Ceramic coating has hydrophobic properties that help all water-based dirt and grime to bead on the surface and eventually slide off. Washing and keeping your car looking clean is easier than ever before.
Things That Ceramic Coating Cannot Do
It’s important to have realistic expectations. Here are a couple of disadvantages of ceramic coating.
- It doesn’t protect against deep scratches. Unlike paint protection film, sharp road debris can leave scratches and nicks on your ceramic coated car.
- It doesn’t last forever. Ceramic coatings last between two and five years. Their protection will degrade over time. You will need to reapply the ceramic coating to regain the paint protection properties.
How To Choose The Best Ceramic Coating
When choosing a ceramic coating brand, look for the following:
- Ease of installation
- Strong Durability
- High water repellency and gloss performance
We recommend Blask professional-grade ceramic coatings for this purpose. Our line of Blask Ceramic Coating products is designed for professionals and offers an incomparably smooth, incredibly tough protective layer.
If you plan on doing it yourself, many DIY ceramic coating kits are available. You can also have a professional do it for you. Our Blask Ceramic Coating product lineup was designed by and for professional detailers and offers the incomparably smooth, incredibly tough protective layer you’re looking for.
A layer of Blask nano-ceramic coating will have your vehicle looking fresh and protect it against harsh environmental elements. Learn more about our Blask range.
Where To Apply Ceramic Coating Products
Ceramic coatings are most commonly applied to the vehicle’s exterior surfaces, with paintwork the top priority. However, it’s also safe to coat glass, leather, and plastic areas. Many people prefer to coat the windows to keep them cleaner and make driving safer.
The vehicle’s wheels, exhaust, and trim are also fine to coat. We’d recommend applying the solution evenly wherever you apply it.
If you’re looking to coat classic cars or specialist vehicles like boats, we recommend you consult a specialist before getting started. Before applying the ceramic coating, all paint should be treated with a clay bar.
How Much Should I Pay for Ceramic Coating for Cars?
It’s more affordable if you decide on a DIY project. A little goes a long way, especially when you use Blask ceramic coating. These products are designed to offer superior results vs. others with easy application.
The more popular and preferred option is to hire a professional detailer. This is more expensive than going the DIY route, but you can rest assured that you will not ruin your car paint or damage anything if you do it yourself.
How Do I Maintain A Ceramic-Coated Car?
It is crucial to keep your car in good condition by following the manufacturer’s recommendations for washing a ceramic-coated car. However, routine maintenance is not always straightforward.
- Do not take your car to an automated car wash
- Use a pH-neutral car shampoo with no added wax
- Wash the vehicle in the shade
- Always use clean microfiber cloths and cleaning supplies.
Blask products are designed to last with proper maintenance. They’re easy to apply and let you achieve that professionally detailed look. Car detailing is much easier because of how slick the coating is.
Protect your vehicle with our Blask ceramic coating line of products today!
Frequently Asked Questions
Read expert answers to some commonly asked questions about ceramic coating for cars.
Ceramic coatings offer enhanced protection against UV rays, adds a nice shine, reduces water spots, resists chemical stains and minor scratches.
A high-quality ceramic coating, when maintained, can last 2-5 years, depending on environmental conditions your car goes through and daily care.
Ceramic coatings provide longer-lasting protection than wax. Waxes may last for a few washes, while coatings can last years, wash after wash. Coatings also offer better resistance to environmental contaminants.
Improper application can cause streaking or high spots. Professional application is key. It’s also not a fix for already damaged paint.
Maintenance washes every week are ideal or once your paint is dirty. A top-up coating can be applied annually for optimum protection.