Trey Gill will be representing Rayno as a contestant at the International Window Film Conference & Tint-off 2017. He started tinting at a very young age. He was orphaned and taken in by a tinter when he was 14. Trey tinted his first car shortly after. Five years later, he moved to the Pittsburgh area where he worked as the manager of the local Ziebart. After about 4 years there, he met a phenomenal tinter who taught him how to dry shrink and shave edges to really perfect his technique. Trey Gill has done all the “impossible” back windows and always do amazing work. He is excited to represent Rayno at the tint-off!
We asked him some questions to give you an opportunity to get to learn about how he got into the film industry and what he loves about his job.
1. When did you start your career as a professional window film installer?
In the Summer of 1998.
2. How did you get into the window film industry?
A friend opened a tint shop and hired me to train as an audio tech. I ended up learning to tint and do alarms there, as well.
3. What is your favorite part about your job?
When customers come back with a big smile on their face excited to get their new car tinted.
4. What is your #1 tip for properly applying window film you would give to new window tinters?
Never let anything ugly leave. Those cars are your name. Keep it clean. No matter how many times you redo the hard ones, do them until they are perfect!
5. What is the most interesting, unique thing you have tinted?
I got to do a few really one-of-a-kind cars. The best was the Aston Martin that was one of the originals from the James Bond movies. The current owner said it’s just too hot in it!
6. What do you educate your customers on when helping them decide on the best window film for them? What are the most important window film features they should know (ie: fading rate, IR rejection, film materials, etc.)?
Every customer is different and wants film for a wide range of reasons. I ask them that question and educate them on the quality of the films I offer. To me, quality is the most important part when choosing a film.
7. How can people get a hold of you for tinting services?
You can stop into any of my 3 locations. Or call me at 1-855-729-8468 (RAY-TINT) ext. 7253. Message me on Facebook.
Terry’s Auto Detailing
906 4th ave Coraopolis, PA 15108
Ohio Valley Autosport
529 Elizabeth St East Liverpool Ohio 43920
Pa Rt 51 Jefferson Hills, PA 15025